Thursday, March 5, 2009

Almost time to plant your garden

As the warmer weather gets here, its time to plant the garden. My potatoes are a couple of weeks behind, but its no big deal. Around march 14th or 21st (probably on the 21st) I'am going to try and plant part of the spring garden. I'am looking at squash, cucumbers, snap beans and peppers.

I like planting the pickling cucumbers better then I do the straight 8s. There seems to be less waste and the seeds can be easily saved.

This year I'am thinking of planting at least 4, maybe even 8 jalapeno pepper plants, 4 bell pepper and 4 sweet pepper plants. This year I'am going to put up a lot more peppers then I did last year. My wife and I had to buy peppers from the store. Hopefully we will not have to do that this coming winter.

No comments: